Jun 29 2015, 6:01 pm (Edited on Jun 30 2015, 7:35 pm)
Early combat gameplay video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssBSBtPmBmw
http://puu.sh/iHDsx/64aef591a8.png <-- click for fullsize image
http://puu.sh/iHDkC/41e59f581c.png <-- click for fullsize image
Dead State is a tactical turn based RPG. Set a few months into the zombie apocalypse, your goal is to survive. Community and base building are core aspects to the game, and essential to your post-apoc survival. You are in charge of every aspect of your groups survival. I have pages and pages of notes, and if everything goes according to plan than this should be a very very deep game.
Updates since demo:
* client saving/loading (username and password based)
* world saving/loading (accounts, bases, etc.)
* weapon/equipables framework (currently 4 melee and 3 guns)
* Survivor combat stats (level, strength, intelligence, agility, luck, leadership)
* Mission system framework (3 current missions built, but I made it extremely easy for me to add many more when the time comes.)
* Random Encounter framework (You never know whats gonna happen!)
* Random survivor generator and statroll (with logic)
* UPDATES TO COMBAT
- Turnlist hud on the left
- melee and range weapons and AI working
- multiple factions in one battle with or without alliances.
- XP, Leveling
- many bug fixes and tweaks since demo.
* IMMEDIATE GOALS
- Random loot framework (every mission will have loot to obtain, adding a third dimension to battle.)
- stockpiling resources (see above)
- base facility building (med area, sleep area, farm, munitions workshop etc.)
- perma-death for survivors in your group. Also, recruiting in some of the (ALLREADY IMPLEMENTED), random encounters.
- Hunger/Thirst/Hygene (not sure exactly how I want to do this yet.)
Well that's it for now, I work a lot this week but I'm still going strong. Feel free to post comments, questions, complaints and especially feedback and suggestions!
Copyright © 2021 BYOND Software. All rights reserved.