1.An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.
2.Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us.
3.The Old Year has gone. Let the dead past bury its own dead. The New Year has taken possession of the clock of time. All hail the duties and possibilities of the coming twelve months!
4.Every man should be born again on the first day of January. Start with a fresh page. Take up one hole more in the buckle if necessary, or let down one, according to circumstances; but on the first of January let every man gird himself once more, with his face to the front, and take no interest in the things that were and are past.
5. New Year's Day: Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual.
6. The new year begins in a snow-storm of white vows. *(This is a symbolism... I know some places don't get snow...)
7. New Year's Day is every man's birthday.
8. The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new [beginning].
9. Time has no divisions to mark its passage, there is never a thunder-storm or blare of trumpets to announce the beginning of a new month or year. Even when a new century begins it is only we mortals who ring bells and fire off pistols.
10. If the future seems overwhelming always remember that it only comes a day at a time.
**Some of these were found on the net, others, I memorized for inpiration.**
I hope you guys had a good christmas, and have a safe 2006~
Dec 28 2006, 10:30 am